This is what ham is supposed to taste like! Made from our 100% pasture raised heritage breed pork, this ham has an amazing flavor and delicious, buttery soft marbling throughout. Reminder --- eat the fat! Not only is fat from pasture raised pigs high in monounsaturated fats (the same heart healthy fats as in olive oil), but pastured pork is the second highest dietary source of Vitamin D. And guess where the animal stores that Vitamin? Yep...in the fat. We've consistently had many customers tell us that this is quite simply the best ham they've ever tasted. Simply heat and serve. Uncured and no added nitrates/nitrites.
Easy cooking instructions:
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut a uniform diamond-shaped pattern into fat side of ham.
3. Cover loosely with foil and roast ham, as directed, until thermometer reads 135-140°F. (Approximately 15-22 minutes per pound - oven temps vary, so this is a general guide)
4. About 20 minutes before ham is done (before it reaches the temperature in step 3), remove from oven and rub or brush any desired spice mix, sugar or glaze on the ham.
5. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes longer.
6. Let stand at least 10 minutes before carving. Be sure to eat the fat, it’s delicious and full of Vitamin D!
100% Pasture Raised Pork, Sea Salt, Celery Juice Powder, Cherry Powder, Maple Sugar, Cinnamon, Clove