Thick cut from the end of the ribeye, this is one of our most popular steaks! Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking using the following "reverse sear" method:
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Season the steak with salt on both sides.
- Place well seasoned steak on a cooling rack over a foil lined sheet pan
- Put in oven and cook til an internal temp of 125-135F depending on your preference of “doneness”. Usually takes around 45-60 minutes. Verify temperature with an instant read probe thermometer.
- Remove when at temp and rest for 10-15 minutes under foil
- Preheat a skillet or heavy based pan (cast iron is preferred) to VERY hot temperatures. A non stick pan is not recommended.
- Sear steak for one minute on each side
- Serve immediately