This is quite simply the most luxurious cut of beef. Our 100% grass fed and pastured Half Filet Mignon's typically average about 2 pounds, depending on the size of the animal. The most tender cut from the animal and one of the items with very limited availability that frequently sells out. If this is your favorite, never pass on the chance to order when it's available.
We recommend the reverse sear method of cooking for this roast.
- Heat the oven to 225 F.
- Rub the roast with butter or oil, then your favorite mix of herbs: ie. garlic, thyme, rosemary, plus salt and pepper
- Roast until the internal temperature measured with an instant read thermometer or probe reads 125 degrees.
- Remove and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- While resting, either heat the oven to 450(or broiler) or a cast iron pan on the stove top to high.
- After resting, sear quickly on each side very briefly to add a nice brown color.
- Slice and serve immediately.