Cut from the loin that produces the most premier cuts of beef, our New York Strip Steak is full of fine grain marbling and a bold, intense beef flavor. Thick cut (1.5") and beautifully marbled, this is THE best combination of tenderness and flavor! We recommend the following "reverse sear" method:
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Season the steak with salt on both sides.
- Place well seasoned steak on a cooling rack over a foil lined sheet pan
- Put in oven and cook til an internal temp of 125-130F depending on your preference of “doneness”. Usually takes around 45-60 minutes. Verify temperature with an instant read probe thermometer.
- Remove when at temp and rest for 10-15 minutes under foil
- Preheat a skillet or heavy based pan (cast iron is preferred) to VERY hot temperatures. A non stick pan is not recommended.
- Sear steak for one minute on each side
- Serve immediately